Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There's a new AP in town...

LEED AP, that is...

I passed! I passed my test! I'm a LEED AP.

Hi, my name is Ellen Reed, LEED AP.

All my time and commitment to green building finally came together and, despite a harrowing hour, I came out of it alive and accredited.

The test administrator said everyone comes out slightly flushed and shaking after that exam, which may have been said to make me feel better. It did.

She also said that they were watching the video monitor of my expressions because they found them "comical". Glad to know my pain brought them joy.

But, it's all good because it's all done! I can go forth and continue to spread the green joy.

Thanks to all of those who helped answer my questions (and phone calls), who gave me encouragement and inspiration, and to my Study Group buddies and instructors (whose success rate continues to improve!).

Thank you thank youthankyou!

Ellen Reed, LEED AP

3 comments:

Jennifer McCharen said...

Congratulations Ellen!

Mary Tappouni said...

Let me be the first (and most proud) to say congrats on a well deserved accomplishment! Your dedication to all things 'green' left no doubt that you would do well on the exam. After all, when it is something you truly believe in it is not merely studying for a test, it is committing to a cause. Again, I am so proud of your achievement and that you are a part of the Breaking Ground team. All my support and admiration.

Kevin Shea said...

Nice accomplishment, Ellen. I know you will LEED the way to a greener Jacksonville.